Each and everyday I'm amazed by the precious GIFT God has provided us through our little miracle, Caleb Josiah! This past Monday, he turned 3 weeks old and I can already see the changes as he grows.
I'm guessing that he now ways around 9 lbs after loosing 8 oz shortly after birth. He is a healthy eater and now eating up to 3 or 4 oz every few hours and sometimes taking 5 oz. He is also a wonderful sleeper letting us get approx. 5 hours of sleep each night and for the first time last night he slept 6 HOURS! Wow! He didn't wake up until 5:30 for his first feeding then he slept until 9:30am before his second morning feeding.
Caleb is now starting to interact more and more with us. He is looking around, turns his head when we talk and definitely loves to be held. It is truly a blessing to have Caleb Josiah become our Son and a part of our forever family.
Last night I went on my first after-hours scrapbook crop at a friends house being away from Caleb for longer than just a few hours. It was a challenge but I knew I needed to get out and work on some Thank You cards since I have so many to send out. Caleb and Daddy stayed at home. My guys did a great job but it seems Mike was definitely ready for me to get home when I did as he handed Caleb back like a hot potato! It was actually very cute. I guess Caleb didn't want to be put down the whole time that I was away preferring to sleep on daddy's chest.
I really can't wait to post photos but, again, we are not allowed by the adoption agency to post photos until the adoption is finalized. Hopefully we will be able to post in early January 2010.
Psalm 37:4 (NIV)
(4) Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Ephesians 1:4-6 (NIV)
(4) For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love (5) he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will - (6) to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hello Pam,
It's been a pleasure to check into your blog and hear little snippets of your life with Caleb. I can't wait to see pictures of your little guy and will look forward to many more happy posts as the years go by. Congratulations once again!
Nicole
Post a Comment