I had in my hands the initial application for adoption. As I handed the envelope over to the post office attendant, I almost felt like I could be pregnant. I'm not actually pregnant in the physical sense, but I do feel pregnant in an emotional way now that we've sent in our application. The PROCESS to building our FOREVER FAMILY has started! I'm ecstatic, thrilled, emotional, crazy happy with joy overflowing at the prospect that we are on our way to having a baby!
Mike and I finished the initial application yesterday. Everything was together along with the photo we had selected to send in with the application. Of course, the photo selection wasn't easy. We knew we wanted a nice looking photo but to our chagrin, most of our photos were way more casual (swim wear casual!) than we felt would be appropriate. When we did find photos usually one of us would look dorky or drunk. Not the image we wanted to portray to the adoption agency. Finally, we found a photo that we both agreed looked good. It isn't the most recent but it was taken within the past 2 years. Here is the photo we choose to send:

Needless to say, both Mike and I are excited that we are starting the adoption process. There are still many unknowns. But now we can officially state that the process has started. Somewhere in this big world is a child waiting, either newly born or waiting to born, that will become a part of our family.
Pam

No comments:
Post a Comment